Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where'd the Sun Go?

Yesterday was my day off for the week, as well as Bri's, Lindsay's, and Ally's. Before everyone left for work, we made a big pancake and egg breakfast, which was a great way to start off the day (at 11:30... we all slept in pretty late). The four of us who had the day off headed over to Typhoon Lagoon afterward to spend the day soaking up the sun and relaxing by the wave pool. However, the one time I had this week to work on my tan, the sun decided not to make an appearance, and the entire day was overcast. I still got a little bit of a tan at least, but it was chilly. There was a cold wind and with the sun behind the clouds, it took a long time to dry off. It was still a lot of fun, though, swimming with sharks, getting bulldozed by the giant waves in the wave pool, and floating around the lazy river four times. Afterward, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom to take a picture with Pluto, since Brooke was going to be friends with him that day. However, when we saw Pluto, we could tell it wasn't her. Turns out we DID know that Pluto though--it was a guy in our ward named Christian. It was his last day and he'll be heading back to BYU today. So we got pictures with a Pluto we at least knew, but not the Pluto we were looking for. We hopped in line for Peter Pan's Flight since it was relatively short (30 minute wait for Peter Pan? It's unheard of!), and then we jumped on the monorail to head over to Epcot for dinner. We ate in China, and to my extreme excitement, I found out they serve Strawberry RED BEAN ICE CREAM!!! I, of course, just had to get one, so I did. And it was delicious. And my roommates liked it as well, which gives me faith that one day we might be able to eat in Japan and they won't flip out. :)

As for today, I went into work at 1:30, but I wasn't feeling too well, so I did one princess and then they let me go home. I'm really happy they let me leave, because I wasn't feeling completely awful, but enough that I didn't really want to be there. And they only scheduled me for one day off this week, so it's nice that I'm getting most of today off. Now I can spend the rest of the day relaxing and getting everything done that I didn't yesterday :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment